Gabii sa Kabilin 2013: Yap-Sandiego Ancestral House



The Yap-Sandiego Ancestral House is a house museum in the Old Parian District featuring the lifestyle of 18th and 19th century of Cebu (GSK 2013 guide). When I arrived at Line 5 where majority of the heritage sites in Cebu is, the area was filled with expectators watching the sing and dance performance of the Sandiego Dance Troupe. That's where I catch up with Habagat Central, Atty Ethelbert and their friends.


It is indeed an old house but you can see the history and culture of the family well preserved. There were a lot of guest at that time that I opted to not join the crowd. What I love about old houses is that, they have big or should I say wide doors and windows. I can so much remeber the old house of my grandparents in Oroquieta City. Too bad, they were not able to preserve it, my relatives totally demolished it and created a modern house. How Iwish they've just preserved it, but if given the chance to make a replica of the old house, I will.

The Yap-Sandiego Ancestral House is located at Mabini cor. Lopez Jaena Sts., Tinago, Cebu City.

How to get there?
The place is mapped as Sandiego-Yap Ancestral House but according to the relatives it's Yap-Sandiego. So hopefully they can change it in the gMaps.




Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular posts from this blog

10 Most visited destinations in Iligan City

Cebu City | Patria de Cebu - Accommodation

Misamis Oriental | Alibuag Cold Spring - Medina