Bohol: National Museum Tagbilaran City

Located just across the St. Joseph the Worker Cathedral Church and the Rizal Park in Tagbilaran City

I have been to Bohol for multiple times, but it is my first time to visit and explore the National Museum Bohol Branch. It reopened just recently after a few renovations to make the museum look better. They added new items and have stitched history for tourists and Filipinos to better understand Bohol , Boholanos and it's history.



On my Second visit I was welcomed by Mr. Charlemeine Tantingco, Museum Officer of Bohol National Museum. 
Mr. Tantingco eagerly shared the story and history of Bohol and it's neighboring cities. He approached me and my sister while roaming around the museum after seeing from the records that we are form Iligan City. Mr. Tantingco is a proud alumnus of MSU-IIT.


He toured us in almost every part of the museum. We were lucky to be invited in his office and saw this precious items that are under recovery or is being saved after being taken for granted by the past owners of original paintings and stuffs that is valuable to Bohols history. 



My sister was glad we went there and was really able to know Bohol better. I always love Bohol. I have a lot of great memories in Bohol. Not to mention that my ancestors are Boholanos too. 


Look at those BILLS... Those are emergency bills only in Bohol. 
If my memory serves me right, this bills were used in Bohol when Bohol was yet considered a separate country.. Oh well correct me If Im wrong :)


Inside the Office there are original paintings date 1500 and 1700+. That was so overwhelming.

Have you been to this part of Bohol?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular posts from this blog

10 Most visited destinations in Iligan City

Cebu City | Patria de Cebu - Accommodation

Misamis Oriental | Alibuag Cold Spring - Medina