Visiting Benjamin Andrada Building and Museum Part 2


 Here's another post about the Benjamin Andrada Building and Museum.

Here are few of the personal belongings that I find cute or simply amazed with how it was kept for that long. Vintage items? Yes!
Old Telephone!

Mr. Andrada's Neck ties 

This is a hair clip  and that's a key chain right there and a gold key... daming gold dati noh?


An old miniature of the United States of America Flag, twas way different from what they have now. 

An empty bottle of a Christian Dior perfume. Ang cool noh?

Here's an old FM and AM Radio. I find this really cool because it's not the usual old radio that I found in my grandparents house. They say it's very expensive during their time and only the elites can afford this. Hmmm 

This is a rosary. It's quiet heavy compared to the other rosaries on display, which means it's a precious stone. This is kept in a box which I intentionally opened hehe... I asked permission... promise!!!

Yup! You are right! it's a calendar. I really didn't stop taking pictures of this until I get the perfect one! hehe

Guess where I found this? heheh I opened one of the drawers in the altar and found this. lols.. yes sabi ni curator ok lang daw :) Of course I asked permission and closed it after taking this photo.

This is an old AM radio. Sosyal noh?

Baby! Yes I love babies... Look Doane how cute this baby is... hehe

This is a key chain.. yes it is.. placed in a jewelry box placed in one of the circular tables in the museum.
So these are few of the things in the Museum that I fancy... They way the family preserve these things is indeed amazing. I remember telling my mom to throw those old things she's been keeping for so long that she no longer use. After seeing what's in this museum, I change my mind... I'll be keeping those instead :)

Comments

  1. Everything is so vintage! Reminds me of some items in Pan de Amerikana....

    I want to have the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice collection of vintage things, antiques...this would cost a lot if auctioned...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hanep, antique! ayy vintage pala ang better word :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is unbelievably nostalgic!! and i love it! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we still have that old telephone, well not in my house, its in my grandma's house hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Preserving ancient things have something historical value in return like preserving family heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love this. I want to go there. hehehe. Vintage yet the culture and history were well preserved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i wonder if those stuff works pa. i can't have a museum because i don't keep things that are no longer in use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are rich if you have this kind of antique and vintage stuff here. the items are worth millions of pesos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ang galing no? nakakatuwa makita mga ganyang bagay ... salamat sa pag share

    ReplyDelete
  11. yep I want to be also a minimalist by throwing old things but your post makes me want to think twice

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love museums.. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh. my. God. This is my kind of world! Thanks a lot for sharing this. I've been telling my mother to keep those 50-year old plates and other old things at home. (Mawala na ang lahat, hwag lang yung mga vintage :D)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow at talagang inunahan mo ako...hahaha sige lang ng sige..magpopost rin ako nito when i am done what I am doing :) by the way the museum really feels scary noh? dun sa closet ng Andrada family :) feeling ko lang parang andyan lang sila sa tabi-tabi :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Havent been to this place but I used to visit a museum somewhere in CDO, it also got a lot of vintage stuff :D

    Herbert

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I can imagine how the place looks like! Sometimes I am scared walking on the floors of Antique houses. It seems to me that they're going to crack any moment. Ha ha ha!

    Cha
    http://travel-on-a-shoe-string.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pictures! Looking at this, you can really see that there is treasure in somebody else's trash (or antiques). It's great to see Filipinos holding on to antiques they deem precious despite the world becoming more technology oriented.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I can feel how heavy the old phone and calendar are. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vintage na vintage...I to love to visit museums! Thanks for posting this! Nice photography

    ReplyDelete
  20. Grabe napakaluma na ng mga gamit. At yung strepsils! Nakakaloka! hahaha. Gusto ko makavisit jan!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Museums are always great to visit especially if you get to see a collection of things too old.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow! amazing shots...i can see clearly that everything's vintage..good job!want to visit this place too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good luck for your plan of having your own Museum in the future. Don't forget to include your mouse and your keyboard which you use in blogging on your collection. ^_^ Godspeed!
    _______
    How To Take Good Photos from The Creativity Window

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Jyppe hehehe surely will try to keep them. we still have our first dos computer and our noisy epson printers too lols...

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the photos of the vintage phone and empty bottle of christian dior! Meron na palang strepsils nuon? hehehe! =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I thought my grandma is alone in this world, collecting vintage products. She says it's worth it to keep.

    Are those real gold?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

YOUR MESSAGE HERE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular posts from this blog

10 Most visited destinations in Iligan City

Cebu City | Patria de Cebu - Accommodation

Misamis Oriental | Alibuag Cold Spring - Medina